The Ardmore Foundation is a private non-profit foundation established in 1991 to support Ardmore Inc. and the clients they serve. The Foundation’s mission is to provide funding for quality of life enhancements to individuals with developmental disabilities of all ages with the goal of promoting the ability to live independently with dignity and self-esteem in the community.
Three times annually, the Ardmore Foundation receives requests for funding from Ardmore staff and administrators. The types of items and activities funded include:
• Emergency housing, rent and utilities.
• Furniture, household items, and small appliances.
• Medical equipment (limited by Medicaid) such as orthopedic shoes and lifts.
• Clothing – in particular special order sizes, winter coats and boots.
• $100 for each client at Christmas provided by annual Casino Night proceeds.
• $50 birthday gift provided by proceeds from the annual Casino Night.
• Recreation and entertainment through the “Social Engagement Fund.”
• Ardmore Inc. has received funding for the Accel Trax System, computer equipment, the annual Employee Award Luncheon, and other special requests.
• Other select organizations that have received funding are the ARC of Summit and Portage County, Crest Network, and CSBMR/DD Levy Campaigns.
• The Ardmore Foundation supports the development of the Autism Project , The Lest We Forget Initiative, The Frontier Initiative and the Advancements in Autism Initiative.
Since 1991, the Foundation has granted nearly $500,000 in direct support to Ardmore and it’s clients.
The Foundation owns eight group homes, the Ardmore, Inc. office building at 981 East Market and the facility in Tallmadge used exclusively for Ardmore’s Bridges program. Revenues are generated from these properties along with external grants, business, corporate and individual donations, and fundraising events.
The Ardmore Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals or requests for funds.
The Ardmore Foundation considers grant requests three (3) times annually in March, June and November.
Submission deadlines are: April 30, May 30 and October 31.
Please click here for a copy of the "Ardmore Foundation Grant Application"