At Ardmore, we believe that everyone deserves a place in their community where they are seen, accepted, loved and given opportunities to contribute!
Ardmore Inc., a non-profit 501c(3) organization, was founded in 1976 and is dedicated to supporting adults and adolescents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and autism.Ardmore began with a grass roots response to the downsizing of the Apple Creek Developmental Center. Four individuals left Apple Creek and came to live in a group home on Ardmore Ave in Akron.Over the years, Ardmore has maintained a commitment to providing the highest quality of services in the least restrictive settings.
to provide an innovative array of services and supports for individuals with disabilities that enhance their quality of life, promote community inclusion and acceptance, and foster each individual’s unique ability to grow, learn, and contribute to our community.
In our future, Ardmore will remain a leader in providing individuals with an array of services that are innovative and uniquely responsive to the changing needs of the individual and family within the changing landscape of the service environment.
Maintaining a person centered focus where individual choice and self-direction guide services
- Developing opportunities that promote learning, community participation and good citizenship.
- Promoting and maintaining environments that are safe, integrated and healthy
- Remaining responsive to the individual and families changing needs while maintaining the highest quality of care in meeting those needs
- Recognizing that staff are our most valuable resource and to foster a climate of teamwork, respect and accountability for all paid employees and contract providers
- Ensure diligent stewardship of local, state, federal, and donor fiscal resources.